Too many mental tabs open today.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Reunited


I was supposed to meet an old friend from childhood today, we tried to make it work but it didn't happen. She's staying in Newport with her family on their annual West Coast vacation and we were running around the Westside doing all the things that were not accomplished earlier in the week. It was one of those Facebook connections that brought us back together and emails and posts that got brought us up to date with each other. We even had a virtual night out during online cocktail party I hosted a while back.

So we texted and left messages back and forth hoping to maybe make this work for Saturday morning. With today's plan squashed we headed over to our friends DW and S, K had been bugging me to take her swimming over at their house so today we went. It was nice to sit and chit chat with my friends, with other people around I was last on the list of people who K wanted in the pool with her. We stayed longer than we should have and rushed home to clean up for our Friday night dinner. We went to a Mexican place that we've been going to for years and had a nice time, we spent the whole dinner laughing, it was one of those perfect evenings. After we got home my friend M (same name) and I decided we were going to meet for breakfast before they got on the plane. I was so glad that it was going to work out, I haven't seen anyone from my past in years. Many years!

Enjoy this awesome video. It made me cry long after I stopped playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment