Too many mental tabs open today.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

With friends like that.


“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

What a great quote. At the beginning of this year I would have laughed at it. Finding out that your "friends" are actually emotional creatures of the day and night sucking the positivity out of you can have some unpleasant effects. What sprang from that was a knowledge that not all people are inherently bad but when a warning flag is raised, pay attention. When hundreds are raised run like hell!

Out of those ashes came some of the most amazing friendships a girl can have. Instead of a complete distrust I did the opposite, just dove in, head first, into the friend pool. Emerging with me was a support system so strong, I doubt that anything could break it.

Even during my busiest days these people make any moment a memorable one and I just want to thank them.

Thank you for showing me that not everyone has a hidden agenda
Thank you for making me laugh so much my mascara runs down my face
Thank you for not talking behind my back, you know I hate that
Thank you for sharing your families, I love your kids, spouses and S.O. as much as I love you
Thank you for not pretending to be something you aren't. I recently got rid of an emotional shape shifter and I now know the signs
Thank you for loving my daughter, she loves you right back
Thank you for helping me through any problems I bring to you, I need a voice of reason, not just a nod of agreement
Thank you for telling me that I look like crap when I look like crap
Thank you for being honest and trustworthy
Thank you for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment