Too many mental tabs open today.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An overnight success


So last week (I think it was last week) I wrote how K was all over the place: a magazine cover and three different Fall campaigns. This week we were told her poster was in the window of a high profile children's boutique, by high profile I mean it's the place all the celebutots get their clothing and there is always paps waiting outside. So off we go to check it out. On the way we pass a newsstand so I pull over to see if they have the euromag K is in and to my complete shock they do!! We purchase all three copies after K stops squealing and walk back to the car. As she's flipping through it she see's her ad for H&M, then we went to check out her window. It was one of those moments that makes all the driving worth it. We've been getting emails, messages and texts from friends with K's picture in various stores. It's why we do this and it's fun to see.

What isn't fun are the comments like "Oh I should just have you get my child work." First of all, clearly it's not up to me and seriously? It took driving around Los Angeles for seven years for my child to be an overnight success. That means seven years of forming relationships with casting directors and assistants, photographers, agents, other parents and anyone else associated with this business. Yes, it is a business, something K and I fully realize. I do all of this because she loves it and is really good. What makes people think I can just turn their kid into an overnight sensation? That would be like me asking one of those people to hand over their paycheck after working all week.

Something about this business brings out the best in some people and the worst in others. I am grateful to have found so many wonderful people who thankfully belong in the "best" category.

Not sure why I wrote this but there it is. Off to take my little star to an audition that I hope she nails for a job I don't want her to get.

But that's a rant for another day!

1 comment:

  1. Bravo to K!!!! And to you, Mom!!!! OH, and Dad of course!

    ReplyDelete