Too many mental tabs open today.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

iPhone love


I have a love/hate relationship with my iPhone. I fought owning one for a long time but then my beloved Crackberry (K dropped it a week after getting it giving it a huge crack on the back actually earning it's title) finally broke. That was a year and a half ago. I'm pretty sure there is plenty written about me and my iPhone, like most AT&T customers my service is crappy and most of my calls are dropped. Sometimes I have no service when it reads full bars and sometimes my apps just do not work.

In spite of the technical difficulties I have daily I am completely addicted to this little computer and it is rarely out of my hands. I am constantly checking email and never arrive at a new location without announcing to the (Facebook) world. I depend on my iPhone to keep my appointments and contacts, when it's not attached to my fingers it's in the tiny hands of K who has pages and pages of games (in neat and organized folders) all for her enjoyment.

We have an understanding my phone and I, and we never stay mad at each other for long. Although it's only been a year and a half it's hard to imagine how I did anything without it. Like all relationships we have good days and we have bad days. Today was looking like a bad day, dropped calls, no signal and frozen Facebook. When I plugged my phone into the USB port in my I had to ask it to play over and over. Not only was my phone not cooperating but now it had the SYNC chick on it's side. Like anyone who has ever owned a product from Apple I did the one thing that is sure to fix any problem: I unplugged and replugged. As a reward for my patience and brilliant IT skills I was greeted with this:



I knew I wouldn't be mad long. This was next:



I know that was a dig at me but I probably deserved it. Then it mellowed me out with:



Oh iPhone, you know the way to my heart and soul and although we never seem to be on the same page, when I need you, there you are with exactly what I need to hear. It's almost kind of scary.

Here's what I heard as I parked:



How can I hate something that knows me this well?

No comments:

Post a Comment