Too many mental tabs open today.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Life 101



While wasting time on Facebook this morning I came across this on a friend's page. It's titled "Every Teenager Should See This" and I agree but it shouldn't stop there. Every person can benefit from the words of advice written here. All too often we get caught up in our bullshit and need a gentle nudge or in some cases (like mine) a push off the cliff back to the sea of reality. It's so easy to lose sight of what's important, the problem is once it slips away many of us are too lazy to go and fetch it. I recently did a lot of fetching and I can tell you it was worth all the work.

Go back to the basics and pay attention to the words we've all heard and ignored. They are reminiscent of the lessons my grandmother tried to teach me when I was young and stupid. This time I'm following it all.

I'd hate to be old and stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment